Home

09 July 2011

Somewhere in This Park

I don't know how many of the people I know can relate, but this park has occupied pretty much of my memory...

Somewhere in Asiatown IT Park Cebu grounds.
























Somewhere in this park was a village where college people hang out and take a break from class.
Somewhere in this park was a field where people set up parties to scream and dance.
Somewhere in this park was a one-storey building that lit up from across the dark empty field.
Somewhere in the one-storey building was where I started my first graveyard shift.
Somewhere in that building was where I used to sit and take tech calls at 2 in the morning.
Somewhere in the park was a parking lot where I join smoke breaks without a cigarette in my hand.
Somewhere in this park they built the first high-rise call center building in the city.
Somewhere in the same one-storey building was where I got my first engineering job.
Somewhere in this park they built coffee shops and restaurants.
Somewhere in those shops I had coffee, tea and beer with family, friends and colleagues.
Somewhere in this park they built the nth high-rise building where they moved office cubicle.

Somewhere in this park were great memories being made.
Somewhere in this park was where I started dreaming big, really big.
Somewhere in this park was where my dreams started coming true.

I want to be somewhere in this park again, soon.

2 comments:

  1. We all miss the place where we grew our dreams. It just gave us the opportunities to be where we are right now.

    I'm excited for your going back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in this park, strong friendships are forged amidst the hardships (and still remain despite the distance).

    I miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete