Home

10 January 2010

there's no place like home

Last Christmas, I thought I could just go out and party but I found myself busy with stuff not in my list.

I didn't have much time to go online because I have to compete with my mom who is so engrossed with FB games, my sister who never fails to call her partner everyday or my brother who just loves to comment on photos.

So I found a new den - the kitchen. I'm still not an expert cook but I enjoyed having to cook for everyone and having to clean the dishes and the kitchen sink. Mom still makes the brownies though. We do all these manually since electric dishwashers are too expensive and fancy kitchen appliances are not really our thing.

Breakfast is usually served at noon. Night time is bonding with family and friends over booze, or putting my sister's baby to sleep which takes about two to three hours if we're lucky. Sleeping time starts at three or four in the morning. The schedule was pretty much abnormal but everyone was on break anyway. The dogs always were. :)

I was domesticated for a brief time and I will be missing that. I never thought home would be the perfect vacation spot.

6 comments:

  1. com on.. there is nothing like home sweet home :)glad you had a great time. i have been spending a lot of time with family lately. life has been seeming a bit less serious lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going home is so relaxing that for me it's the perfect place for a little recuperation!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. naa pa tay pizza lutu-on dapat... hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought home would be the perfect vacation spot.

    I sometimes forget that too. Haha.
    Keep Writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more. There's no place like home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post more about missing home 'coz reading it makes me miss home even more.

    ReplyDelete