Home

11 December 2009

when both the sun and moon shine

They say that just before we die, our whole life flashes before us. That day the other bus hit my side of the bus, it sure did. Except that I am still totally alive today and I'm grateful for that.

I recomposed myself from my brace position and tried to get rid of the tiny glass splinters that were all over me. I couldn't believe I was okay and everyone else too. But I found one dot of blood between my toes. My two other friends also had the same thing between their fingers but overall we were perfectly fine and those microscopic punctures in the skin healed almost immediately.

We waited to board the next available bus. While standing beside the rural street, I recalled that there was a lady somewhere in the front row who was praying just before the accident. The moment I saw her, I smiled to myself and thought that she must be a very good person. That was actually my sign to also pray that we would be safe but I totally missed it. Instead, I was just praying for the sun to shine brightly so that we have a great time at the beach.

The fact is, both the sun and the moon shone brightly that day and we really did have a great time. It was made extraordinary when I was reminded to appreciate life a little more.

8 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing. i needed this today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. reads alomst like a beautiful entry into your diary. :D. im glad i read it. i was once in a car accident. i was driving and a truck hit me on my side.. it ran over the front of my car and ripped of the door on myside, i was covered in glass. but i was safe. the shock hadn't left me for some while. it truly makes you appriciate life a whole lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am happy to hear that you are ok!!
    That was a scary experience..but you took the best out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it was a sign of appreciation for life. That is why you could notice and enjoy the beauty of the sun and the moon. With all your being...
    Beautiful picture, I love your photography Kim

    Have a lovely sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... i'm just gald that you are ok!
    it must be amazing to see both the sun and the moon together that day especially after that incident.
    stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'm so glad too I'm OK. Life gets better after every test.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good all the time. :) Glad you're safe.

    ReplyDelete